Customized and Private Tours
Experience the Ten Crucial Days with a tour of the Ten Crucial Days Historic Area
Looking for a unique event for your civic group, club, or non-profit? Explore American history on a private tour of the ten crucial days! Pick your date; tell us how much time you want to spend and take a trip back to the American Revolution!
Unless otherwise agreed, the Ten Crucial Days Tour begins and ends at Washington Crossing, PA. The full tour is four and a half to five hours. There are options for two shorter (two-hour) tours. Guests retrace the December 25th, 1776 crossing of the Delaware River through January 3, 1777, American and British military engagements at Trenton, Princeton, and areas in-between. Historical interpreters will tell the remarkable story of these ten days that breathed crucial new life into the expiring American Revolution. The events are discussed in the context of the local, strategically important central New Jersey towns, villages, and farms. These locales were occupied by people of diverse backgrounds; with varying religious practices such as Quaker, Presbyterian, and Anglican; and with complex views on loyalty to the Revolution or the King. Hear how the terrain, weaponry, and weather influenced the ways the battles were fought and how they disrupted the lives of the local people. See where armies marched, fought, and struggled to survive on an otherwise peaceful landscape, while the course of human history hung in the balance.
TenCrucialDays.org can assist you group with group tours for all of the revolutionary sites and venues in the Ten Crucial Days Historic Area. We are a non-profit organization. All of our interpreters are volunteers. Our consultancy fees are based on an hourly rate. Collected funds are deposited into an account to promote the sites and venues of the Ten Crucial Days Historic Area, and educational initiatives of the colonial, revolutionary, and early republic periods. Your guide will spend the day educating your group and answering your questions. Private tours can be conducted on a date of your choice. Tour groups can be any size.
- Full “Traversing the Ten Crucial Days” Tour = Washington Crossing, Battles of Trenton, Assunpink Creek and Princeton = 4.5 hours
- Half Tour “Washington on the Delaware” = Washington Crossing, Battles of Trenton and Assunpink Creek = 2.5 hours
- Half Tour “Revolutionary Princeton” = The Battle of Princeton, Quaker Meeting House, Morven, Colonial Princeton = 2.5 hours
- Military Staff Rides = Subject Matter Experts (SME) are available to execute a Staff Ride for the Trenton and Princeton campaigns using war-fighting functions. The intent is to further enhance staff ability and understanding of how to implement the tasks/functions of the war-fighting functions to generate combat power as a highly effective and efficient team. The TenCrucialDays.org Staff Ride includes manual and role narratives. Time and costs are customized and controlled to accommodate your budget.
- Professional Development/Leadership/Team Building = Team-building tour includes exercises with an emphasis on leadership principles based on historically based decision-making challenges that are applicable to a competitive marketplace. Time and costs are customized and controlled to accommodate your budget. For more information, call Roger Williams, 609-389-5657.
Private Tour Costs Explained
Park fees as described below, + $32 per hour, regardless of crowd size (2.5hr minimum) Hourly rate may increase if additional time is required for further tour customization with optional add-ons. Special Rates may apply to educators, scholars, veterans, and active military. For more information, please schedule a call with the tour coordinator, Roger S. Williams, at this link.
- Washington Crossing Historic Park = $7
- Princeton Battlefield Society Donation = $5
- 1 person, Full Tour, 4.5 hour tour with WCHP, Trenton, Princeton - (1 x $7 = $7) + (1 x $5) + ($32/hr X 4.5hrs - $144) = Total $156
- 3 people, Full Tour, 4.5 hour tour with WCHP, Trenton, Princeton - (3 x $7 = $21)+ (3 x $5 = $15) + ($32/hr x 4.5hrs - 144) = Total $180
- 10 people, Full Tour, 4.5 hour tour with WCHP, Trenton, Princeton - (10 x $7 = $70) + (10 x 5 = $50) + ($32/hr x 4.5hrs - 144) = Total = $264
- 3 people, Half Tour, 2.5 hour with WCHP and Trenton - (3 x $7 = $21) + (3 x 5 = $15) + ($32/hr x 2.5hrs - 80) = Total $116
Optional add ons:
- Drive by Washington and other Continental Office Headquarters in Bucks County PA = 1 hour
- Summerseat, Washington HQ, December 8 to 14, 1776 = $7 per person + 1 hour (Summerseat has limited hours of operation)
- Thompson Neely House (Sterling’s HQ) + Patriot graves along the Delaware River (700 yard walk) = $2 per person + 1 hour
- Old Barracks Museum = $10 per person + 1 hour
- 1719 Trenton House = $5 per person + 1 hour
- Swan Foundation and/or Johnson Ferry House @ Washington Crossing State Park, NJ. $4 per person + 1 hour
- Nassau Hall, Princeton University Chapel, Nassau Presbyterian Church, Mclean House = $2 per person + 1.5 hours
- Princeton Cemetary of the Nassau Presbyterian Church = $2 + 1 hour
- Morven Museum & Gardens = $10 per person + 1 hour
- 1783 Rockingham Historic Site and the Millstone River Valley = $8 + 1 hour (by appointment only)
TenCrucialDays.org has a vehicle that will fit 3 full-size adults + 2 rear jump seats, or, the tour can go in your vehicle with a TenCrucialDays.org interpreter driving so the guests can focus on the tour. Groups larger than one vehicle can provides for their own transportation. TenCrucialDays.org can make recommendations for transportation companies. We can carpool with multiple vehicles using walkie-talkies. If the tour uses our vehicle, there is a 14 cents per mile, for a flat 40 miles, driven in service of charitable organizations; the rate is set by statute by the IRS and remains unchanged from 2021.
Permits for larger groups:
For groups of 30 or more, an NJ DEP Special Use Permit may be required at Washington Crossing State Park and/or Princeton Battlefield State Park.
Disclaimer and Health Statement:
TenCrucialDays.org will make every reasonable effort to ensure the safety and well-being of its guests. TenCrucialDays.org is fully insured, but assumes no liability for any injuries sustained on any tour. Guests are expected to wear weather-appropriate clothing and footwear suitable for short walks. The full tour constitutes about .75 miles of walking. Guests are expected to be fully vaccinated, and wear masks in accordance with FDC and/or state guidelines. Payments received for reservations are an acknowledgment of this waiver.
All venues, and TenCrucialDays.org, are 501©3 non-profit organizations. Historical Interpreters for TenCrucialDays.org are volunteers. Any gratuities will be deposited into an account that is used to support the mission of TenCrucialDays.org. Thank you.
If you would like to discuss booking your tour, please click on this link to schedule time to discuss with
Roger S. Williams, CoFounder, TenCrucialDays.org