Experience the Battle of Princeton – 2023
January 8 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
DETAILS FOR ATTENDEES:
- Reenactors representing Continental and Crown infantry and artillery units will be on the field to recreate a portion of the Battle of Princeton accompanied by an explanatory narrative.
- Military units and lineage organizations will participate in the wreath-laying ceremony following the reenactment.
- For tourism information on restaurants, hotels, attractions and events, visit the Princeton-Mercer Regional Convention Visitors Bureau at www.visitprinceton.org
- Parking at the Princeton Battlefield State Park and along Mercer Road is limited. We have made arrangements to use the Alexander Road parking garage (Princeton train station) and to have shuttles available to and from the Battlefield, leaving in front of WaWa. (A schedule will be sent with your registration acknowledgment.)
- We encourage all participants to dress accordingly for the weather as it is an outdoor event.
- The first 200 guests to register online will receive a thank you gift at the event. You are requested to stop by our registration tents to sign in and receive your gift.
- Your donation of $10 per adult and children 15 or older will help to cover the reenactment expenses. Active Military, Veterans, and children under 15 are our guests.
- Please complete the form below and submit payment by PayPal to complete the registration process.
The Princeton Battlefield Society is deeply grateful to the following sponsors for making Experience the Battle of Princeton possible:
- NJM Insurance Group
- The George H. and Estelle M. Sands Foundation
- New Jersey Society, Sons of the American Revolution
- Investors Foundation
Thank you for your interest in attending our January 8
EXPERIENCE THE BATTLE OF PRINCETION.
Pre-registration has closed. If you plan to attend our event, please go to the onsite registration table at the Battlefield when you arrive. Our reenactment will start at 9:45 am. The memorial wreath-laying ceremony will start at 11:30 am.
Parking at the Battlefield is very limited. If the lot is closed (a Police Officer and volunteers will manage entrance to the Battlefield and onsite Parking) and parking on
both sides of Mercer Road is filled, we offer the following recommendations:
- Free parking and shuttle service at the West Parking Garage at the Princeton NJ Transit Station on Alexander Road. Shuttles run from 8:30 to 9:30 am (every 15 minutes) to the Battlefield. The shuttles will leave from the Wawa. A Princeton Battlefield Society volunteer will be onsite to assist in loading the shuttles. We are also providing shuttle service back to the Parking Garage from 11:30 to 1:15 pm. Click HERE to view a map.
- There is a small parking lot at Marquand Park (Lovers Lane). You can walk along Mercer Road to the Battlefield.
- The Historical Society of Princeton (Updike Farm on Quaker Road) has a parking lot you can use. You will have to walk along the path on Quaker Road toward the Princeton Friends School. The path makes a sharp right at the School and this leads into the west side of the Battlefield.
- The Institute for Advanced Study has also allowed spectators to use Visitor Lots A and B, from Olden and Einstein respectively. Please do not park on grassy areas or narrow side streets.
- If you reside in Princeton, we encourage you to walk to the Battlefield.
We look forward to welcoming you to our 2023 EXPERIENCE THE BATTLE OF PRINCETON.