GUIDED HISTORIC EDUCATION WALKING TOUR
September 12, 2021 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
The Historic Preservation and Education Committee of the Washington Crossing Park Association (WCPA) is leading twice-monthly tours of the Park through October 24th.
Stop 1: Washington Crossing Visitor Center Museum
- Welcome & Tour Overview.
- View film: “Ten Crucial Days: The Road to Liberty”
- Swan Historical Foundation Collection – an introduction
- Lloyd Garrison painting of Washington Crossing
Stop 2: Sullivan Drive & Continental Lane Marker
- Why General Washington was here
- Life of a soldier in the continental army
Stop 3: Stone Barn
- Educational dioramas of Washington Crossing: March toTrenton & Battle of Trenton
- Map of the Battle of Trenton
Stop 4: The Overlook
- Significance of Johnson Ferry House
- Importance of ferry operations to the Crossing
Entrance fees are charged per vehicle from memorial day to weekend to labor day:
- NJ resident: $5.00
- Non-resident: $7.00
- Fee is charged for visitor center museum movie: $1.00
Fees must be paid in cash.
Tour is free but donations are encouraged to the Washington Crossing Park Association! Tickets must be reserved at https://www.eventbrite.com/o/washington-crossing-park-association-of-new-jersey-17878783514
As always, tours are contingent on the weather. Please check on the website for updates on the weather.