HISTORIAN-LED WALKING TOUR OF THE PARK
June 26 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Free twice-monthly tours by the Historic Preservation and Education Committee of the Washington Crossing Park Association (WCPA).
The Free Guided Walking Tour begins in the Visitor Center Museum auditorium of Washington Crossing State Park of New Jersey. Please sign-in with the Tour Guide in the lobby of the Visitor Center Museum before 12:45 pm.
Stop 1: Washington Crossing Visitor Center Museum
- Welcome & Tour Overview.
- View film: “Ten Crucial Days: The Road to Liberty”
- Swan Historical Foundation Collection – an introduction
- Lloyd Garrison painting of Washington Crossing
Stop 2: Sullivan Drive & Continental Lane Marker
- Why General Washington was here
Stop 3: Stone Barn
- Educational dioramas of Washington Crossing: March toTrenton & Battle of Trenton
- Map of the Battle of Trenton
Stop 4: The Overlook
- Significance of Johnson Ferry House
- Importance of ferry operations to the Crossing
Tour is free but donations are encouraged to the Washington Crossing Park Association!
As always, tours are contingent on the weather. Please check on the website for updates.