Spring Clean Up – April 4, 2020
April 4 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
This Event Has Been Cancelled
The Princeton Battlefield Society has been monitoring the current public health emergency taking place. In order to protect our community volunteers, society members, and park visitors, we have determined that cancellation of the April 4th Park Day Clean Up (including the April 18th postponement date) is the best decision for the health and welfare of all involved. We are saddened that we have had to come to this decision, however the health and safety of the community is the priority.
As a strong and resilient community, we have weathered many crises in the past and we thoroughly believe we will rise to the challenge during this one as well. Please take care of your families and friends so that we can slow down and halt the spread of this current illness.
We will continue to keep you apprised of the Princeton Battlefield Society’s activities and hope that we can hold a Clean Up Day at a later date this year.
Our best wishes go to you and your loved ones.
Spring Clean up at the Princeton Battlefield
Saturday, April 4 – 1:00 – 4:00 pm
Meet at the Clarke House
500 Mercer Street
Princeton, NJ 08540
(weather postponement date Sat., Apr 18th)
Need some volunteer hours? Looking for a great Saturday activity?
Join the Princeton Battlefield Society for our annual Clean Up Day at Princeton Battlefield State Park on Saturday, April 4, 2020 from 1 – 4PM. In conjunction with the American Battlefield Trust’s National Park Day, volunteers will gather nationwide to participate in hands-on maintenance and preservation of our country’s historic battlefields. Come by yourself or bring your family and friends! People of all ages and abilities are welcome!
Each registered participant will receive a free T-shirt (while supplies last). We will supply bottled water and snacks. Mother nature will provide the landscape and fresh air!
Please feel free to bring your own shovels, hedge clippers, work gloves, rakes, etc. But please, no power tools as these are not allowed in the State Park.
This year we will have five teams – each with a team leader:
- Team 1 – “Brush and Branch Battalion” Remove brush from “Island” in front of the Clarke House and the Institute Woods and clear the path to the stone obelisk in the woods.
- Team 2 – “Back Road Regiment” Removal of small brush & bamboo on the historic back road from which the troops approached the battlefield on January 3, 1777
- Team 3 – “Invasive Weed Corps” Removal of invasive plants near the Clarke Farm wagon shed.
- Team 4 – “Pick up Sticks Squad” Pick up small branches and sticks around the Clarke House and the shed.
- Team 5 – “Anywhere Army” We will be happy to assign you to one of our teams. Pick Team 5 and we will let you know where we need the most help! Thank you!
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org